This week my friend and fellow crime writer, Dave Sivers, kindly nominated me for the Lovely Blog award. As I’m coming towards the end of editing my latest novel, this was a fun post to think about so I thought I’d give it a go. The rules are simple: write seven facts about yourself, then link to up to your favourite blogs and ask them to do the same.
So, here are 7 facts you don’t (I hope!) know about me:
1. I am a true Cockney, born within the sound of the Bow Bells, although we moved from London was I was two years old and I don’t share the accent.
2. I had my first dog when I was a teenager – a ginger Labrador cross called Rusty.
3. My husband and I started Argentine tango lessons last week. For a man so much bigger than me, he has much more musicality and coordination (which is rather annoying).
4. I am helping daughter to practise reading out loud at the moment. We each pick articles from the Saturday newspapers, the more obscure the better to keep her interest. Recently, I’ve read about follicley challenged women, a man who found letters his late father had written to him (that he knew nothing about), and a couple who celebrated their wedding reception on a Chinese junk.
5. My best friend lives in Wales. I don’t see her as often as I would like, but when I do it always feels like no time has passed.
6. Although I don’t suffer from seasickness, I stayed in a ‘raft guest house’ when travelling in Thailand and felt distinctly nauseous all night. Needless to say, we had to change accommodation the next day.
7. When I submitted my first crime novel to an agent, I wanted to write under the pen name of Saskia Duvall. Thankfully, said agent talked me out of it.