I need to preface this post with a couple of apologies. I’m hopeless with chain emails, blogs, and awards. When I was nominated for the Liebster and Versatile Blogger I simply politely thanked them and did nothing. So, I’m sorry Nicholas and Rebecca. I really do appreciate the sentiment. And I’m resolved to do better.
Here’s my chance: Charity Parkinson, wonderful Tweep and talented writer (do visit her blog, ‘The Sinners Series’ http://charity-thesinners.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/im-beautiful-blogger-according-to-my.html , and check out her books – they positively sizzle!) has nominated me for The Beautiful Blogger Award. And we all want to be beautiful, right? I’m delighted to accept. Part of the deal is that I have to tell you 7 things about myself. So, here goes:
- Bangkok is my favourite city.
- I’m allergic to almonds.
- I’ve coloured my hair since I was 16. No idea what the natural colour is these days!
- Blue is my favourite colour.
- I have a phobia of maggots. Even a mention sends me reeling.
- I’ve been married to my bestie for 18 years.
- Pimms and lemonade is my preferred summer tipple.
Now I need to nominate 7 other beautiful bloggers. Only 7? That’s tough. Check out these wonderful writers and all round great Tweeps:
- @tmycann – Tonya writes ‘A Book A Day’ http://www.tmycann.com/ with fantastic reviews. Also, check out her amazing debut ‘Dust to Blood’, just out and already a 5 star read.
- @MEFranco1 – Michelle’s blog, ‘M E Franco, Author’ is always an interesting read. Her new book, ‘Where Will You Hide’, is out this summer. View the amazing cover preview here: http://mefrancoauthor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/where-will-you-hide-cover-reveal.html
- @JustinBog – Justin mixes wonderful prose, stories, reviews and family life together in his blog, ‘AWriter’s Life’ http://justinbog.com/. And don’t miss his new release, ‘Sandcastle and Other Stories’ which has shot up the Amazon charts.
- @Bernadette70 – Bernadette showcases an eclectic mix of interesting posts, short stories and wonderful poetry on her blog at http://bernadette-davies.blogspot.co.uk/ .
- @V3RONICADHALL – ‘Totally Changing the Writer Within’ http://v3ronicavida.com/ is a friendly, engaging blog from a very talented lady and wonderful friend.
- @DionneLister – Co-host of the famous TweepNation, visit Dionne’s blog here http://dionnelisterwriter.wordpress.com/ and whilst you are there take a long look at her book, ‘Shadows of the Realm’, it’s going to be a smash hit!
- @CatherineDreyer – Cathy’s honesty and humour on her blog ‘writeanovelin10minutesflat’ http://writeanovelin10minutesflat.wordpress.com/ will keep you coming back for more.
- OK, OK, I know I’m breaking the rules, but this lady has a book released TODAY. More to the point it’s her debut and she is a great friend (do I need to add it’s my blog?), so I’m including her. Drum roll for the amazing @AmyGregory548 – visit her blog here http://www.amygregory548.blogspot.co.uk/ and pick up a copy of ‘Racing to Love – Carter’s Treasure’ . I just bought mine and can’t wait to start it.
There you have it. 7, errr 8 in my case, beautiful bloggers. Probably too much detail, but I don’t care, I love them all.
I started with apologies and I’ll end with another: sorry to all my great Tweep friends that I couldn’t include. I still think you’re beautiful too.